Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, President Uchtdorf!

Here is the shortened version of my testimony that I wrote for Facebook. It was a request to share our testimonies for President Uchtdorf's birthday.  And I wanted to post it here as well.

 President Uchtdorf, I love you and know you are a prophet of God.  I know that God speaks to prophets today. And that he loves all his children. I know that we lived in heaven before we were born and our children of Heavenly parents. On becoming a new parent recently, I know how much you love your children and I know our Heavenly Father and Savior loves us infinitely and perfectly.  The Atonement is the greatest gift we have been given and encompasses all the pain, sin, and sickness in the world.  With this knowledge I have found happiness and peace even admidst the trials.  I know that gospel was restored throught the Prophet Joseph Smith. I do not look at him as my God but as a mighty, humble instrument in the hands of God.  I know God answers prayers. His glory is in our happiness, success, and salvation from the evils of the world, and ultimately to return to live with him forever.  I know that we will be resurrected and  have perfect bodies of flesh and bones after this life. I know that we can be with our families forever. And I say all of this, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment