Saturday, January 11, 2014

Goals Progress Update

Read the Book of Mormon as a family.  Study and read the scriptures.  
-We have been reading the Book of Mormon everyday as a family.  On Monday, I needed to catch up and ended up reading five chapters to the kids while they played with blocks and toys.  I starting following bookofmormon365 on Instagram which has helped a lot . It tells you what verses to read everyday and if you do not have scriptures you can read the verses right there on their Instagram.  I have found so much power in these scriptures especially ready through them so quickly and from cover to cover.  I see more of th beauty of the story. And especially the family dynamics and faith of Lehi and his family. How many times did they see angels or have dreams and visions?   How many times were they asked to go back to Jerusalem?  

Get along with and love my family.  
- I am not perfect at this but working on it.  

Go to the temple once a month.
- We have babysitting lined up to go next Saturday night. 

Run a 5k
- No progress with this yet.  Although Brian and I have decided I will be running my 5K on May 4th, our 7th wedding anniversary, and he will be running the half marathon.

Lose 35 pounds
-I am tracking my calories on Fitness Pal on my phone.  And I do not think I have had one day where I have been at or under my calorie goals. But I am becoming more aware of what I am eating and what changes I need to make.

Invest in relationships with grandparents and great grandparents.
-Last week, we went and visited Grandma Merkley in her new apartment and also got to see Grandma Payne.  And this week, the kids colored pictures and I wrote Thank You cards for all our Christmas gifts.  Many of the things we received from our grandparents and Grandma Payne.  We love all the gifts they have given us.  But most of all, we love having them in our lives.

Pay off debt and have savings. 
- I participated in a Spending Freeze last week.  I am following the blog Fun Cheap or Free and she is hosting a Finance challenge this month I am participating in.  Follow me on instagram bandraverett or on Facebook to see all the fun I am having doing this challenge.

Trade in car for SUV/minivan
- I have been working for 6 weeks cleaning offices, twice a week, I get my first paycheck this week. And this money will go towards saving up towards a new vehicle after we pay off some debt.  

work on goals with my kids and husband.
-everything is more fun when we encourage and help each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment