Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Easy Fruit Salad!

In the last few days, I have decided to throw together fruit salads.  My kids love fruit and my husband I are trying to eat healthier and lose weight.  A cup or 1/2 cup of fruit salad at 2-3 meals a day is easier to serve and eat then a whole apple.  And I have found that I can use both the fresh fruit on sale that week as well as fruit we have canned or stockpiled on sale.  Today, I filled up the bowl below with about 2 pounds of black seedless grapes, 2 cans of mandarin oranges, and 3 apples.

I wanted to figure out the cost.  


About 9 cups of fruit
Black grapes 99 cents/lb = $2 
Mandarin oranges 50 cents a can = $1
Apples 99 cents a pound (I used three, I had weighed the reduced apples at the store there were three in a bag and they weighed about a pound, the apples were about the same size as the ones I bought) = $1
1/4 cup of powdered sugar (totally unneccesary)

Total = $4


This fruit should last us about one day for the five of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment