Saturday, October 4, 2014

Conference - Beyond Just Notes #1

So far we have had two sessions of conference, I am so excited to hear the word of God.  Many conferences have passed where I passively listened to conference.  I never let the words spoken there get into my heart and affect my actions.  But lately, I have hungered and thirsted after righteousness.  Service, the service where I know I am doing God's will, has become a joy.  And I have loved reading and pondering on the scriptures more and gaining a knowledge of truth.  Truth is truth and good is good. 

I know that this type of testimony does not guarantee I will always be perfect and charitable. But I can be "perfect at trying".  When Brian and I were dating that was one thing that we fell in love with about our relationship was that we both were trying.  More important than who we love is how we love; this is why it is so important that we love God first.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I believe we as Christians all fall to the wayside and find it hard to let God in and listen to what hes trying to tell us. Putting aside the thoughts that just bombard our minds while we should be focusing on His word. I know I struggle with applying His messages a lot. We get stuck in our ways. But as long as we keep pushing through and having faith, prayer and fasting. God will see us through, if its what we truly desire. Keep pushing through Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the line, "more important than who we love is how we love" First time stopping by #blogma

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true that it's about trying. You're really just in competition with yourself to be the best you. Keep moving forward! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection is something that won't happen in mankind, but thankfully, God does not require our perfection, rather a heart that loves and serves and strives to be more like Him every day.

    ReplyDelete